Budget, sturdiness, size, style, and space are the most common factors when picking the right dining table for your home. A dining table is one of the essential pieces of furniture in a household. Many memories and good conversations occur over a meal at the dining table.
However, choosing a dining table with one or two of the mentioned core factors when buying one isn’t just enough. In fact, you need to weigh your options until you find the best dining table for your home.
Good thing B2C Furniture’s dining tables offer a wide range of stylish, affordable, and sturdy dining tables that suit your needs. But before you browse and pick the best ones, here’s how to choose the best dining table.
1. Get the Right Measurement
What is the purpose of buying a dining table that does not fit your home’s available space? It is essential always to get the right measurement of the dining table and your dining room to ensure you can fit the furniture well.
First, know where to place the dining table you want to buy. Ensure that you have already reserved that space and it has allowances to give way for the dining chairs and pathways.
After measuring the available space, you must check if your desired dining table will fit. The dimensions you need to take note of are:
- Inner leg length
- Tabletop depth
Getting the table height will also help you determine the height of the dining chair. At the same time, the length will help you know if it will fit your allotted space.
2. Choose the Right Shape
The most common dining table shapes are square and rectangular. But round or oval ones also look more stylish and trendy. However, when choosing the right shape, you should not prioritize style but more functionality.
Square and rectangular dining tables are easy to find and great for flexible usage. In comparison, round and oval dining tables are perfect if you have a tighter dining area. It is also ideal to use round dining tables for parties and gathering as they can accommodate more people.
3. Pick the Ideal Table Material or Finish
Deciding which material you will choose for your dining table is quite challenging. Considering the price, style, and ease of care would be best. That way, you won’t regret buying a dining table you do not like.
The common materials used for a dining table are:
- Mostly made from durable woods such as acacia, mango, and pine, woods are durable and easy to repair, especially when it starts getting scratched on the surface.
- The glass comes in clear, tinted, and frosted versions. Glass may be hard to maintain as it can chip and crack. But if you take good care of it, your glass dining table can last for years.
- Used mainly on the base or the legs of the dining table, metal includes stainless steel, zinc, brass, and other painted metal. You can guarantee that it is durable and less expensive compared to wood.
- Plastic is the cheapest dining table material but can last long. It is easy to maintain, especially when it gets stained.
- Stone is used on table tops, mostly from marble, quartz, and cement. Though stone tabletops are durable, they are hard to fix once chipped or cracked.
- Veneer is a good alternative to wood. It is also more affordable and sturdy, depending on your usage.
4. Check for Sturdiness and Reliability
Every material you choose for your dining table will determine its sturdiness and reliability. Of course, it will also depend on your purpose in buying the dining table and how you take care of it.
To know if a dining table is well-made, inspect the connection between its top and base or the joinery. If there is a solid fit between the top and the base of the dining table, you can guarantee that it is sturdy and can last long.
Make Your Dining Table Stylish
These handy and practical tips make choosing your dining table easier. As you shop dining table for your home, don’t forget to complement it with the desired theme you want to achieve for your dining area. That way, you can ensure that it will look great and inviting for every household member to dine in there.